Six Holland America Line Ships Offer Award-Winning Alaska and Glacier Bay Cruises in 2021
If you’re missing Alaska as much as we are, it’s time to start planning your Alaska getaway for 2021. We’re offering a full season of cruises and Land+Sea Journeys that showcase our more-than 70 years of experience, insider knowledge and preferred access. From April through September, six Holland America Line ships will take guests on authentic Alaska experiences throughout the Great Land.
Guests can embark on cruises to Alaska aboard Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam and Volendam. Itineraries sail roundtrip from Seattle, Washington, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, or one-way between Whitter (Anchorage), Alaska, and Vancouver.
Voted Number-One Cruise Line in Alaska
Why Holland America Line in Alaska? Holland America Line was named the top pick for Alaska cruises in the 2020 Porthole Cruise Magazine Editor-in-Chief Awards, 2019 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards, 2019 TravelAge West Wave Awards Editor’s Pick and 2019 AFAR Travelers’ Choice Awards; as well as Best Itineraries in the 2019 Cruise Critic Editors’ Picks Awards, confirming its position as the number-one cruise line in Alaska by some of the world’s most discerning travelers and cruise experts. Additionally, Koningsdam was voted the top mid-sized cruise ship in the 2020 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.
More Glacier Bay and More Ways to See Alaska’s Iconic Glaciers
Alaska’s awe-inspiring glaciers and Glacier Bay National Park are best viewed from sea, and Holland America Line offers the most itineraries to Glacier Bay National Park than any other cruise line. Every Alaska cruise includes a visit to one more of Alaska’s iconic glacier destinations: Glacier Bay National Park, Hubbard Glacier and the Twin Sawyer Glaciers of Tracy Arm.
New and Notable for 2021:
• The Pinnacle Class Koningsdam returns to Alaska with seven-day “Inside Passage” itineraries roundtrip from Vancouver and Land+Sea Journeys. Holland America Line is the only cruise line with seven-day roundtrip itineraries from Vancouver that include Glacier Bay National Park
• New for 2021, seven-day “Glacier Discovery Northbound” and “Glacier Discovery Southbound” itineraries cruise between Whittier, Alaska, and Vancouver aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam. Cruises include two glacier experiences to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier or College Fjords and ports of call to Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, Alaska
• Seven-day “Alaska Inside Passage” itineraries cruise roundtrip from Vancouver, aboard Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Volendam. Ports include Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway
• Seven-day “Alaskan Explorer” itineraries cruise roundtrip from Seattle aboard Eurodam and Oosterdam, and include calls at Victoria, British Columbia; and Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka
• Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Volendam will offer Land+Sea Journeys ranging from nine to 18 days
• Eight world-renowned chefs guide and influence every aspect of the onboard dining experience, including Pacific Northwest-inspired cuisine by Seattle’s Ethan Stowell
• All ships cruising in Alaska feature expanded onboard programming. Guests can engage with an Alaska naturalist, and cruises with Glacier Bay bring on a National Park Ranger and Huna native speaker. Special presentations explore distinctly local topics such as Alaska’s bush pilots and the famous Iditarod race
Insider Expertise Delivers Exclusive Land+Sea Experiences
For explorers who want to travel further into the Great Land, 15 different Land+Sea Journeys combine a three-, four- or seven-day Alaska cruise with an inland exploration to spend more time – up to three nights – at Denali National Park and Preserve, the crown jewel of Alaska’s interior. Holland America Line is the only cruise line that extends land tour options all the way to Dawson City, the heart of the Klondike Gold Rush, and the unspoiled reaches of the Yukon Territory. Every journey includes a train ride into Alaska’s interior on Holland America Line’s iconic glass-domed McKinley Explorer.
Holland America Line’s 3,500 staff in Alaska each year are among the most experienced and highly trained, and many are local Alaskans. The line also owns its own motorcoaches, luxury railcar McKinley Explorer and hotels, including the 60-acre McKinley Chalet Resort bordering Denali National Park. Itineraries are thoughtfully designed with local expertise to allow the maximum touring time and knowledgeable Journey Hosts that help provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
So start packing (ok, you have a little time) and get ready for an incredible adventure in The Last Frontier!
Alaska 2021 is something we have been thinking about since March! With a great selection of ships and wonderful itineraries, we are thinking of booking 2 weeks on each ship sailing from Vancouver. Let’s hope this happens and HAL can get back on the high seas!
My wife & I are 5 Star Mariners and we are booked on an Alaskan cruise in Aug 2021. We are very concerned about COVID 19 and would like to know what active measures HAL will take to ensure our cruise is as safe, COVID wise, as possible.
For example, will HAL ensure that all crew members and passengers are COVID vaccinated prior to departure, what is HAL doing to reduce the potential spread of COVID through the on-board HVAC system, and will any self serve food venue operate?
We have sailed with HAL since 1996 and are eager to resume, but safety comes first.
We are ready, our 2021 trip to Alaska is booked but we will look for deals for 2022. Keep us in mind. I hope they will suspend Jones act so we can travel from Seattle to Alaska with out stopping in Canada . Thanks Craig And Bess Werum
We are booked for Aug. 1, 2021 and just learned that HA has temporarily cancelled our cruise. Does anyone have any further information?
the “have it all sale”
what is the savings amount for an inside cabin?
I am booked for August 22 on the Oosterdam from Seattle. Sure hope that doesn’t get cancelled or I will have 8 children, grand children, and partners very disapointed.
Sky, the have it all plan covers all the hotel service charge which was $42.50 per day the last I knew, also a dinner in one of the specialty restaurants and a beverage package that includes all alcoholic drinks under a certain price, soft drinks, bottled water and specialty coffee.