Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
The Caribbean is full of tropical wonders. But there’s nothing like Half Moon Cay, Holland America Line’s 2,400-acre private island paradise in the Bahamas. The most authentic, highest-rated private-island experience in the region, Half Moon Cay has won Porthole Cruise Magazine’s Best Private Island award 17 consecutive years, and was also named the best in Travel Weekly's Readers' Choice Awards. One visit and it’s easy to see why Holland America Line guests wish they could stay here forever. Most Caribbean cruises departing from Ft. Lauderdale include a day at Half Moon Cay. Uncrowded and unspoiled, it combines the unparalleled natural beauty of a protected preserve with access to a wide range of amenities and activities. With miles of pristine, white-sand beach, guests can stay busy all day or simply luxuriate in tranquil solitude. Holland America Line acquired this beautiful island more than 20 years ago to create a unique and memorable experience for our Caribbean cruise guests.
Ultimate Private-Island Sanctuary
From active adventure to secluded relaxation, Half Moon Cay has it all:
- A wide range of activities including snorkeling, kayaks, catamarans, paddleboards, and more
- Horseback riding on the beach and in the surf (a Half Moon Cay exclusive)
- Private two-story villas and beachside cabanas
- The Tropics Restaurant with shaded dining pavilions for a barbecue lunch
- Fresh-grilled lobster served Caribbean style at the Lobster Shack
- Quench your thirst at Captain Morgan on the Rocks, the “I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever” bar, and several more beachside watering holes
- Kid- and family-friendly activities, including a new children's water park
- A chapel for weddings or renewal of vows (a Half Moon Cay exclusive)
Come, join us. Your private island is waiting.