Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
We’re excited to announce our return to Half Moon Cay. Discover this award-winning private island with Caribbean cruises sailing October 23rd. Holland America Line 2021 cruises to Half Moon Cay are available to guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.
All Bahama Islands are full of tropical wonders and sun-kissed beaches. But Half Moon Cay, Holland America Line’s private island in the Bahamas is an absolute stunner. We’re not the only ones enamored with our crescent-shaped slice of heaven—Half Moon Cay is the highest-rated Bahamas private island. It has won Porthole Cruise Magazine’s Best Private Island award consecutively for 20 years and garnered the best in Travel Weekly's Readers' Choice Awards. When you feel the sugar-white sand on your toes or see its brilliant blue lagoon, you’ll understand why cruise travelers love Half Moon Cay. True bucket-list excursions, secluded cabanas, and stunning beaches make it ideal for any type of vacation.
Top 3: Things to See in Half Moon Cay
|1||Horseback Riding||Explore Half Moon Cay from astride one of the island's horses.|
|2||Kayaking||A kayak is an ideal way to explore Half Moon Cay's lagoon and learn about the island's mangroves and bird species.|
|Nature Walk||A hike to Half Moon Cay's ridge provides views of the island and chances to spot the various birds that call it home.|
Ultimate Private-Island Sanctuary
A perfect day on Half Moon Cay
Things to Do in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
From thrilling adventure to secluded relaxation, Half Moon Cay has it all. Book Half Moon Cay Shore Excursions.
- A range of water activities including snorkeling, kayaks, catamarans, paddleboards, and more
- Horseback riding on the beach and in the surf (a Half Moon Cay exclusive)
- Private, two-story villas and beachside cabanas
- A stingray adventure where you can interact with these silky creatures in their natural environs
- The Tropics Restaurant with shaded dining pavilions for a barbecue lunch
- Fresh-grilled lobster served Caribbean style at the Lobster Shack
- Quench your thirst at Captain Morgan on the Rocks, the “I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever” bar, and several more beachside watering holes
- Kid- and family-friendly activities, including a children's water park
- A chapel for weddings or renewal of vows (a Half Moon Cay exclusive)
Come, join us. Your private island is waiting. Explore All Bahamas Shore Excursions.