25 Things To Do On Half Moon Cay
True bucket-list excursions, secluded cabanas and stunning sands make it the perfect escape for just about anyone. Maximize your time with our list of 25 things to do on Half Moon Cay.
Eat, Drink, Unwind
1. Indulge in succulent grilled lobster and crunchy lobster rolls from the Lobster Shack.
2. Head to the Tropics Restaurant food pavilions to nosh on beachside barbecue or local favorites like Caribbean jerk chicken.
3. Get a massage in a cooled, oceanside cabana. Let your worries wash away in this private oasis.
4. Rent a Clamshell Sunshade and doze off to the sound of the waves lapping against the shore.
5. Cool down with a cocktail from the On the Rocks Bar and snap a photo under the sign of the “I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever” Bar. Tag us at #HALcruises!
6. Toast to your Caribbean cruise at the Island Last Stop Bar before saying so long to this private paradise. Come back anytime.
Things to Do for the Adventurous
7. Ride a horse through the surf. After an orientation, take the horse up a trail to the highest part of the island (condition dependent) with ocean panoramas. Refresh as your equine buddy is equipped for swimming. Then venture into the blue sea for an unforgettable experience.
8. Hop on a personal watercraft and have a wild ride. Zip along the island’s scenic shoreline to reefs, inlets and sand bars. Put your skills to the test in the buoyed Aqua Trax® Adventure course.
9. Kayak across the protected Bonefish Lagoon. An invigorating excursion through the protected crystal-clear lagoon. See lemon sharks, stingrays, sea urchins and sea stars in their natural habitat and kayak near untouched mangrove forests.
10. Take a narrated glass-bottom boat tour to view kaleidoscopic marine life and corals.
11. Discover abandoned ruins from the 1700s and a wide variety of flora and fauna on a guided nature trek.
12. Bike up to Pegasus Ranch to get a lay of the land or cycle into the bay on a water bike.
13. Rent snorkel gear and discover a remarkable array of tropical fish. Spot clownfish in their anemones, watch blue tangs dart around the reefs, and see stingrays undulate over the ocean floor. Find a beginner’s snorkeling spot near the Welcome Center.
14. Sail a Hobie® Cat around the bay. If you love boats, take a Hobie Cat out for an hour.
15. Wade with stingrays in Stingray Cove. Stingrays are gentle, beautiful creatures. Touch their silky skin and learn what they like to eat and do.
Find more thrills with our shore excursions.
Free Things to Do on Half Moon Cay
16. Stroll the two miles of beach for a blissful sensory experience not found anywhere else. Sand doesn’t get much softer than it is at Half Moon Cay, so take the time to walk barefoot along the shoreline, stretch out on a beach blanket or build a castle with the kiddos.
17. Look for the more than 40 bird species that flock to this pristine island. Only a small portion of Half Moon Cay is developed. The rest is a sanctuary for wild birds. Channel your inner ornithologist and listen for Bahama mockingbirds, gray catbirds and the Bahama yellowthroat.
18. Take a self-guided walk on Half Moon Cay’s extensive network of trails. Begin across from the dining pavilions and take a paved loop or a hiking trail to Pegasus Ranch to meet some of the horses. If you get hot, step into one of the misting stations around the island.
19. Dip into the crystal-clear Bonefish lagoon and feel like a kid again. Water, water is everywhere with more than a drop to spare. Splash into that turquoise sea. Lifeguards on duty, spacious waters and gentle waves make it heaven for any swimmer.
Things to Do on Half Moon Cay with Family
20. Slide, splash and play the day away at Half Moon Cay Waterworks, a multilevel play structure with water slides and climbable sea creatures.
21. Reserve an exclusive retreat for your crew with one of our 15 private cabanas or five two-story beach villas.
22. Get married or renew your vows. With sublime beaches and a small church, Half Moon Cay is the perfect setting for a dreamy destination wedding. Check out our wedding packages and let us help you plan your big day.
23. Enroll the kids in supervised activities with Kids Club and take some free time to explore.
24. Shop for souvenirs at the Straw Market. Find everything from t-shirts to handcrafted wood carvings. Buy gifts or trinkets to look back on your perfect day at Half Moon Cay.
25. Mail postcards to friends and family. Make your friends back home part of the magic. Mail a memento from Half Moon Cay’s small post office, where you can find Bahamian stamps and postcards.
This is just the beginning of all the things to do on Half Moon Cay. All of cruises to the Caribbean feature a day on this private island. Start planning and packing with our Caribbean cruise tips and travel articles.