The charitable activities of Holland America Line and the Holland America Line Foundation, particularly in our home port communities, are flourishing. Holland America Line contributes hundreds of thousands of dollars each year in cash and in-kind shipboard events to a broad range of charitable organizations internationally, nationally, in our key home ports of Seattle, San Diego, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Vancouver, B.C, and via our six Community Advisory Boards in Canada's Yukon Territory and Alaska. We also provide hundreds of reduced-fare cruises annually to support charitable fundraising events throughout the U.S. and Canada. In 2016, Holland America Line was ranked by the Puget Sound Business Journal as one of the 25 largest corporate philanthropists in the Puget Sound area.
Holland America Line supports nonprofit organizations in a variety of ways, including cash donations, reduced-fare cruises, in-kind shipboard events, fundraising drives that involve our employees and guests, and the promotion of employee volunteer efforts. Through our Online Donation & Sponsorship Requests portal, we are pleased to offer a limited number of cruise certificates for two at a significantly reduced cost to nonprofit organizations in support of their fundraising events. A Holland America Line cruise is a valuable item that offers auction guests or raffle ticket buyers the opportunity to experience a luxurious cruise while supporting your charitable mission.
If approved, your organization will be offered the option to purchase one of the following reduced-fare cruise certificates for a minimum Ocean-view cabin for two guests:
Holland America Line reserves the right to determine whether the organization will be offered cruise option A, B, or C, if any. Please note, the individuals who purchase the certificate from you via your fundraiser are responsible for all taxes, onboard charges and hotel service charges.
Apply for a reduced-fare cruise certificate: Requesting nonprofits must meet the following minimum qualifications:
The following organizations and events are not eligible for a reduced-fare cruise certificate:
Priority is given, but not limited, to organizations serving key port communities from which Holland America Line sails: Seattle, San Diego, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Vancouver, BC.
If your organization meets the above criteria, please visit the Holland America Line Online Donation & Sponsorship Requests portal to submit your request.
To allow time for processing, your request must be made at least 60 days in advance of your event/drawing, and we encourage even earlier submissions. All inquiries will receive a response.
Due to the large number of requests we receive, we regret that we are unable to fulfill all requests. Also, nonprofits must re-apply each year and may not be approved every year, even if they have received a certificate in the past.
Thank you for your interest in Holland America Line. We wish you the very best of luck with your fundraising efforts.
Holland America Line and the Holland America Line Foundation continue to take the fight against cancer to the high seas with On Deck for a Cause, a non-competitive 5k fundraising walk on each sailing. This program, announced in February 2013, supports cancer organizations in North America, Europe and Australia: Cancer Council Australia, Canadian Cancer Society, KWF Kankerbestrijding (Dutch Cancer Society), Cancer Research UK and American Cancer Society.
Guests of all ages are invited to donate $20 to the Holland America Line Foundation, with a minimum of 75 percent ($15) being distributed to the organizations. The remaining 25% will cover program and administrative expenses. On a day at sea, participants are invited to join in a 5k walk around the ship’s wide teak decks. Guests may walk less or not at all, as they prefer. Participants will also receive an On Deck for a Cause T-shirt and wristband, and a reception follows the walk. Depending on the ship, the distance to reach 5k ranges from nine to 12 laps.