Terms & conditions
Holland America Line (“we”, ”HAL” or “Company”) is Programing previous guests with an opportunity to refer friends to cruise on an eligible HAL voyage via a Referral Program (“Program”) Programed at [https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/referral-program.html] (the “Site”).
1. Binding Agreement. By using the Site, participating in the Program, or booking or referring a friend for a HAL voyage in connection with the Program, you are bound by these Terms and indicate your agreement to them. All of the Company’s decisions are final and binding.
2. Privacy. The personal information collected, processed and used as part of the Program will be used in accordance with Company’s Privacy Statement, which is available here.
3. Eligibility. There are two different groups of people in this Program, the referrer (i.e. the HAL guest with a Mariner number that is referring a friend) (the “referrer”) and the referred friend (i.e. the friend that is being referred to a HAL voyage) (the “referred friend”). Both the referrer and the referred friend must be a legal resident of the 50 United States, DC, Canada, or Puerto Rico and at least 18 years old at the time of Program participation. The referrer must have sailed on a previous HAL voyage and the referred friend must be a new HAL guest and shall not have ever previously sailed on a HAL voyage (all as determined by HAL in its sole discretion). Referrer may not be a member of a travel agency, trade partnership, or Holland America Line affiliate as determined by HAL in its sole discretion.
4. How to refer a friend. Visit the Site and follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the “Refer a Friend” web form on the Site with all requested information. Then, HAL will verify if the referred friend is eligible and, if so, will distribute an email to such individual that invites them to participate in the Program.
After being deemed eligible, the referred friend must book an eligible HAL voyage and, while booking, must enter the referrer’s first name, last name, and email into the webform. Once the referred friend creates a booking on an eligible voyage, the referred friend shall receive a $50 USD onboard credit (“OBC”), with a limit of $50 USD OBC per stateroom booked in connection with the referral. When the referred friend booking hits final payment date or full payment is received, whichever comes later, the referrer will receive a $50 USD Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”). HAL shall not be responsible for honoring the Program if the referred friend does not successfully input the referrer’s Mariner number when booking. OBC and FCCs are promotional credits and are subject to the additional terms set forth herein and in Section 6.
5. Restrictions. Referrers cannot refer themselves or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts with the Company or participate in the Program as “friends”. No user may use the Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene or outside the spirit and intent of the Program. In addition, you may not (i) tamper with the Program, (ii) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (iii) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Program. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Employees of the Company or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies are not able to participate.
If referred friend cancels their Program voyage for any reason, the referrer and the referred friend shall both forfeit their reward.
6. Additional FCC and OBC Terms. By making a valid referral, referrer will receive a $50 USD FCC and the referred friend will receive a $50 USD OBC (limit $50 OBC per stateroom). Program restrictions may apply to the FCC and OBC. For example, HAL may elect to include a limitation on the number of referrals you can make. Referrals are subject to verification before a reward is awarded. The Company may delay a reward for the purposes of investigation. The Company may also refuse to verify and process any transaction or referral for any reason. Rewards have no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash. They are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered, or sold.
FCCs are not valid on and cannot be applied to the voyage booked in connection with this Program. FCC is a promotional credit and expires two years from its date of issuance. FCCs are in USD and are subject to additional terms and conditions available at https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/faq/fcc-terms-and-conditions.html.
OBC must be used on the cruise portion of the voyage booked with this Program and expires at the end of such voyage, regardless of whether OBC is used in its entirety or not. OBC is in US dollars and is non-refundable, non-transferable, and has no cash value. OBC may not be used in the casino or on gratuities or any other specified fees or items.
7. Liability. REFERRER AND REFERRED FRIEND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO EITHER OF THEM FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). By participating in the Program, each referrer and referred friend agree to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company and Extole, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of any benefit in the Program. To be clear, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any technical errors or malfunctions, data theft or corruption, any printing or typographical error, or any damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program. Additionally, the Released Parties shall not be liable to any users for failure to supply any advertised benefit, by reason of any acts of God, any action or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not valid), or any other activity or action that is beyond any of the Released Parties’ control. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $50.
By submitting any email address as part of the Program, the referrer represents that they have the appropriate permission and consent from the individual to share their email address with HAL. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination and further legal action. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Program Entities against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such spam.
8. Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Program at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any participant (referrer or referred friend or otherwise) at any time from participation in the Program if he/she does not comply with any of these Terms.