Key to Half Moon Cay Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Key to Half Moon Cay Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Holland America Line N.V., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Holland America Line N.V., in its capacity as general partner of Cruiseport Curacao C.V., 450 3rd Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119, U.S.A. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075, U.S.A.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Servers for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter. You must complete your entry during the Promotion Period.
- Enter on a Social Platform
Participation Requirements: To participate, you will need to have a Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://twitter.com/tos, https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms or http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets, Instagram posts or comments on Facebook to be viewable by Sponsor.
How to Enter:
- Facebook: On Sponsor’s Facebook Page, find Sponsor’s post advertising this Sweepstakes and post a comment with a photo of your visit to Half Moon Cay.
- Twitter: Tweet a photo of your visit to Half Moon Cay and include #HalfMoonCay #Sweepstakes. Retweets will not be deemed an entry.
- Instagram: Post a photo of your visit to Half Moon Cay and include #HalfMoonCay #Sweepstakes. Instagram stories and Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment rather than the caption of the original post will not be deemed entries.
Content Restrictions for Social Posts: Your social post and its included comment (“Copy”) and photo (“Image”) will hereafter be collectively referred to as your Submission. Your Submission must be your own original work. If you include the names or likenesses of other individuals, you must have their permission to be included and to grant the rights set forth in Section 8 herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Your Submission may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, disparage Sponsor or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your qualified Submission.
- Enter by Mail: To enter without having a photo of Half Moon Cay or by way of posting to a Social Account, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Key to Half Moon Cay Sweepstakes,” c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5941, Department 842781, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5941, U.S.A. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by January 6, 2020 and received by January 15, 2020. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
- Enter on a Social Platform
- Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received, on or around January 17, 2020. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. If the potential winner entered through a Social Account, he/she will be notified by @HALcruises via private message. If the potential winner entered by way of the mail-in method, he/she will be notified by email. The potential winner (parent or legal guardian where entrant is a minor in their place of residency) will be required to complete and return to Sponsor the Affidavit of Eligibility (or Declaration of Eligibility if an eligible resident of Canada) and Publicity/Liability Release and all information required for tax reporting, as applicable, per Section 7 herein, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a Canadian winner is selected, he/she will also be required to correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skills-testing question by telephone before the Grand Prize can be claimed. If a potential winner of the prize cannot be reached, fails to sign and return the required documents or fails to correctly answer the skills-testing question (if winner is a Canadian resident) within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize consists of one (1) seven- (7-) day Holland America Line Caribbean Cruise for the winner and one (1) guest, sharing accommodations of one (1) verandah stateroom. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. The winner may select a seven- (7-) day Holland America Line Caribbean voyage, departing from any port in the United States, subject to availability at time of confirmation. The Grand Prize consists of verandah stateroom accommodations for the winner and one (1) guest (same stateroom) and most shipboard meals (certain alternate dining options require payment of a fee). Embarkation must take place by December 21, 2020 or the prize will be forfeited. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,792 USD / $3,660 CAD. Prize values are based on conversion rates as of October 21, 2019 and may vary. Actual value depends on market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Restrictions may apply. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of those items expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Grand Prize (including without limitation airfare or other transportation to or from port of departure, ground transfers, shore excursions, hotel service charges, discretionary hotel and dining charges, meals in alternate dining venues, alcoholic beverages, boutique purchases, any other personal onboard expenses, applicable passport, visa and entry/exit fees and any other incidental costs or expenses) are the responsibility of the winner. Ship’s registry: The Netherlands. The winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or cruise documents (including but not limited to a valid passport, visa (if applicable) and all other necessary travel documents) required for the cruise prize. The Grand Prize is provided subject to the Holland America Line Cruise Contract and applicable terms and conditions set forth in the Holland America Line brochure from which the cruise is selected, both of which can be accessed at www.hollandamerica.com. As set forth in more detail in the Cruise Contract, Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to embark Winner or Cruise Guest, at any time if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, Winner, Cruise Guest, or any minor or other person in Winner or Cruise Guest’s care during the cruise, are unfit for any reason for the cruise. Guests under the age of 21 years (whether the Grand Prize winner or such winner’s guest) must be accompanied by a parent, relative or guardian 21 years or older in the same stateroom. Winner must confirm with Sponsor his/her intent to travel on the Grand Prize cruise at least 60 days prior to the departure of such cruise. Each traveler must check with his/her travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation; those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. The Grand Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable for cash, may not be resold, and cannot be used as partial payment toward a different Holland America cruise or stateroom category other than that assigned. The Grand Prize winner and guest are NOT eligible for Holland America air/sea programs or Holland America's Cancellation Protection Plan programs in connection with the Grand Prize. No substitution of the prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed by the date specified in the Prize award notification. The Grand Prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty, except as required by law.
Prize will be awarded only to a winner with a residential address within the United States, D.C. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes and any applicable withholdings connected with receipt of a prize, the use and enjoyment of prize, or any other connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived by Sponsor in its sole discretion. As a condition of accepting the prize, Winner agrees to furnish to Sponsor any requested information needed for tax reporting, either Form W-9 if a U.S. Citizen or resident, or Form W-8 if non-U.S. citizen or non-U.S. resident, and understands that such information must be received by Sponsor before or at the time any prize is issued to or booked on behalf of such Winner. If Winner is a U.S. resident, he/she will receive an IRS Form 1099, issued by Sponsor, for the actual value of the prize awarded. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes, and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax.
- Release: By entering this Sweepstake, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim and liability, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of the operation of this Sweepstakes, the entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, the acceptance, possession, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize or prize component (including without limitation any prize-related travel, and or use of the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder.
- Grant of Rights / Publicity: By entering the sweepstakes, each entrant grants permission to Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and successors, and each of their employees, agents, contractors and licensees (collectively, the “Grantees”), to use the entrant’s name, biographical information, voice, likeness (including without limitation photographs and/or recordings), and the written Copy and Image submitted with his or her Submission for purposes of advertising and trade and other commercial purposes, worldwide, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Furthermore, each entrant warrants that he or she (1) has obtained all necessary rights to allow Grantees to use the Copy and the Image as described herein, including the copyright in the Copy and the Image, (2) has obtained the permission of those individuals pictured in said Image (or permission of the parents or legal guardians of any children in said Image) to have their images in the Image used for all purposes, including Grantees’ use(s) as described herein, 3) understands and agrees that his or her name, biographical information, voice and likeness comments and/or sailing history provided in the may be published in conjunction with his or her Copy or Image, 4) understands that he or she is not entitled to royalties or other compensation, 5) understands that that he or she has no right to review the Copy or Image or any use that is made of either and 6) understands that Grantees will rely on the statements and permissions made herein. All rights granted herein shall be considered worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and assignable.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not have any liability for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical or other printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, damaged or undeliverable entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Michigan, USA, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising out of these Official Rules.
- Winner List: For the winner name, visit http://bit.ly/368y5oI. The winner name will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, LLC.