The Entertainment Director has the overall responsibility of the successful delivery of entertainment events and activities for our guests. This position manages all programming, administrative and people management aspects of the entertainment department.
- Leads the entertainment team in delivering an enriching vacation experience
- Responsible for fostering a positive working environment and inspiring staff to realize company vision, goals and brand standards
- “Hands-on” manages all entertainment events on the floor, including the look and feel of all shows, events and activities according to corporate standards
- Is an energetic and positive leader, ensuring a high level of departmental morale. Mentors and continually coaches direct reports to thrive and grow with the company
- Conducts regular meetings with staff to review guest comments and net promoter scores, and consistently and effectively deliver our core branded guest experience
- Fosters a positive relationship with other departments serving as a guest champion in required intradepartmental meetings
- Accurately completes all reports in a timely manner. Approves and signs off on ILO for the department daily
- Achieves guest satisfaction goals for entertainment department operations
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Hotel Director and/or the Seattle Entertainment department
- Provides oversight of the Media Manager ensuring the consistent delivery of all printed and digital media according to written brand standards and scheduling of events and shows according to brand standards to define the arc of the cruise
- Responsible for ensuring the par stock of supplies of all entertainment staff and spaces onboard
- Serves as the onboard liaison for all supplemental staff and guest entertainers. Serves as the onboard liaison for guest entertainers and supplemental staff
- Conducts regular appraisals and follows company performance improvement policies
- Handles administrative tasks such as cabin assignments (in conjunction with the Crew Officer), Time and Attendance, and responding to entertainment IssueTrax items
The Event Manager manages administrative and human resource aspects of the Entertainment Department. Provides overall logistics support to the Cruise Director.
- Assembles and produces the Daily Program and related materials.
- Develops and implements the daily event schedule, with the approval of the Cruise Director.
- Manages the activities of the Explorations Café and staff as it relates to the Entertainment Department.
- Manages the activities of the Culinary Arts Center as it relates to the Entertainment Department.
- Manages the youth program.
- Attends all required Hotel Department meetings along with the Cruise Director.
- Serves as the onboard liaison for Guest Entertainers and supplemental staff.
- Provides all Human Resources support for department. Conducts regular appraisals on all enrichment, youth and tech staff. Catalogs and processes musician appraisals and employee documentation.
- Orders and maintains all required non-technical supplies for Entertainment Department.
- Handles general administrative tasks such as cabin assignments in conjunction with the Crew Officer.
- Assists in implementation of onboard entertainment-related programming, activities and events.
- Responsible for achievement goals in relation to onboard programming and the staff of the Cruise Director.
The Media Manager builds, monitors, and supports communications to the guests to let them know what is happening onboard
- Build overall program and flow for the cruise in scheduling software (Affairware), working closely with Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director
- Create and publish guest daily program and activity schedule according to brand standards
- Manage digital signage content and delivery
- Manage all stateroom television programming
- Manage mobile version of daily program
- Work with Manager Onboard Marketing and Assistant Cruise Director to develop a post event promotion strategy
- Assess guest flow by walking the floor daily and fine tuning the scheduling for greatest impact
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental policies
- Be an active participant and guest champion for all required intradepartmental meetings
- Ensure background music programming is routed correctly
- Perform spot checks for background music programming, stateroom television programming, digital signage and printed material
- Monitor and evaluate guest comments to ensure programming optimization
- Foster a positive working relationship with other departments
- Edit port maps delivered onboard
As a Stage Manager, you will lead our incredible technical team to excellence. We have award winning shows, cutting edge technology, and we look to our Stage Managers to cultivate outstanding performances.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings with Guest Entertainers, Music Directors, and other applicable staff to determine the needs of each show.
- Oversee and assist with all technical support for entertainment department activities and programs in all shipboard venues.
- Coordinate schedules and assist with any additional equipment or staffing required for special groups or events (parties, meetings, rehearsals, activities, shows and other functions as necessary).
- Call all production shows.
- Assume active responsibility for the form and discipline of rehearsals and performances.
- Coordinate with onboard engineering staff to facilitate repair of broken equipment and maintenance of entertainment department systems. Maintains inventory of spare parts and consumable supplies.
- Prepare regular reports and voyage paperwork as directed by the Entertainment Manager-Operations and Production Managers.
- Maintain prompt book which is defined as the accurate playing text and stage business together with cue sheets, plots, records, and diagrams as are necessary for the actual technical and artistic operation of the production shows.
- Manages and maintains staff work schedules and hours. Provide detailed explanations for all overages.
- Main point of contact for cast.
- Ensure compliance with all administrative directives.