Thanksgiving is this week in the United States, and that means in households across the country family and friends will gather together to celebrate the holiday and indulge in an epic meal. More often than not, that meal concludes with a Thanksgiving staple: pie. Whether it’s pumpkin, pecan, apple or another kind, millions of people will satisfy their sweet tooth with this popular dessert. To get you prepared, we’re bringing back one of our most popular recipes from Master Chef Rudi Sodamin that you can make at home this year.
CLASSIC PUMPKIN PIE
Yield: 8 servings
1 pound canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cups sugar
8 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons rum
5 ounces heavy cream
1 pie shell
8 fluid ounces heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon ground Allspice
8 chocolate Thanksgiving signs
1. Combine all the ingredients except the cream.
2. Slowly add the cream to the pumpkin mixture.
3. Fill in the prepared pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until a paring knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Let pie completely cool before garnishing.
1. Whip the heavy cream just until stiff peaks form.
2. Cover the cooled pumpkin pie with the whipped cream and pipe 8 rosettes onto the pie.
3. Slice each pie into 8 and serve with your favorite garnish and sprinkle with Allspice.