Enjoy this next Thanksgiving recipe for our Thanksgiving Dish Contest!
Brown Butter Gnocchi with Roasted Squash
3 lbs Gnocci, frozen
3 oz. Butter, soft room temp
6 oz. Butter, clarified
1 Tbsp. Sage, chiffonade
4 oz. Asiago Cheese, thinly sliced
5 Shallots, minced
4 oz. Brown sugar
3 oz. Canola Oil
2 lbs. Butternut Squash, large dice
2 Tbsp. Parsley, finely chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
Black Pepper, ground, to taste
1. Roast butternut squash with oil and brown sugar at 325 degree F until soft. Transfer to a parchment lined pan and refrigerate until cold. Set aside until needed.
2. Par boil gnocchi until tender. Do not over cook.
3. In a pan, brown gnocchi in clarified butter, add shallots and saute for 3 minutes.
4. Add squash and sage. Finish with whole butter and season with salt and pepper as needed.
5. Place in entree bowl, garnish with thin slices of asiago cheese over the top, drizzle balsamic reduction around the plate.
6. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the dish. Serve immediately.