In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Holland America Line’s Culinary Council, we’re sharing recipes from these celebrated chefs. Now you can create their dishes at home! No one knows chocolate like Mr. Chocolate, himself … Jacques Torres! Jacque’s OMG Chocolate Cookies are so decadent and chocolatey that they have a brownie-like consistency. No fat added, gluten-free … just pure pleasure!
Approximately 24 Cookies
300g Cocoa Powder
1500g Powdered Sugar
600g Pecan Pieces
540g Egg Whites
600g 60% Dark Chocolate Discs
5g Vanilla Extract
1. Place pecan pieces in a sheet pan and toast in an oven at 350 dgrees until fragrant, about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir or shake the pan occasionally so the nuts brown evenly without burning.
2. Melt 60% dark chocolate discs.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and place it in the refrigerator until the batter is chilled and firm.
4. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or baking sheet and, using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter and place it on the sheet. Keep at least 3-4 inches apart as the cookies will spread while baking. Place the remaining batter in the refrigerator to keep it cold until you are ready to scoop a second batch to bake.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Let the cookies cool down completely before you remove them from the parchment paper and enjoy!