Chef Kevin Sbraga, winner of Bravo’s hit series Top Chef: Season Seven, sailed aboard Noordam’s 10-day Roman Empire cruise on July 17. During his time on board, Chef Sbraga performed cooking demonstrations, showcased his culinary expertise and shared tips with guest in Noordam’s Culinary Arts Center, the line’s state-of-the-art show kitchens aboard each ship. The interactive sessions included recipe handouts, food tastings, questions and answers session and the opportunity for photos.
3 artichokes, roughly chopped
1 leeks, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 carrot, roughly chopped
2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
1/2 cup of parma ham, diced small
1/2 cup of dry vermouth
6 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of cream
12 ounces of blue crab meat
1 tbls of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
1 poblano pepper
6 slices of crusty bread
1 radish, shaved
1 tsp of fresh oregano leaves
1. In a sauce pot, sweat artichokes, leeks, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and ham.
2. Once the vegetables are tender, de-glaze with dry vermouth, reduce by 2/3.
3. Add chicken broth and cream. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
4. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
5. Pour soup into a blender and puree until smooth and creamy, then strain through a mesh strainer.
6. Season with salt.
7. Season the blue crab with olive oil and salt, reserve at room temperature.
8. Slice the poblanos and radish paper thin.
9. Toast the bread in an oven. Next, spread garlic over each slice.
10. Mix together the blue crab, radish, poblano, and oregano in a bowl.
11. Pour the soup in a bowl. Garnish with crab salad and garlic crostini.