Holland America Line guests can learn how to make their cruise vacation more meaningful and memorable in the new fleetwide Microsoft Studio (formerly Digital Workshop) centers onboard. The state-of-the-art computer facility is the hub for free small-group courses taught by Microsoft-trained hosts using the latest technology.
Designed for all levels of ability, sessions feature travel-centric topics from how to create photo albums and build a travel journal to using 3D effects and getting organized. The variety of complimentary workshops are offered multiple times throughout each cruise, or guests can stop by during daily Creative Studio Time to work on their personalized projects.
• The new slate of Microsoft Studio courses include:
• Build a Travel Journal with Microsoft OneNote.
• Create Amazing Albums for Your Photos.
• Create Incredible, Sharable Videos in Minutes.
• Design a 3D Digital Postcard with Paint 3D.
• Paint an Artistic Landscape with a Digital Pen.
• Make Your Images Stand Out Like a Pro.
• Make Your Videos Come to Life with 3D Effects.
• Get Creative and Productive with Windows Digital Ink.
• Plan a Port Adventure with Microsoft OneNote.
• Find the Best Device for Your Life and Family.
• Master Modern Life with Windows 10.
• Organize Your Life with OneDrive.
• Stay Safe Online with Windows 10.
Now, each Microsoft Studio center features 20 to 30 of the newest generation Surface Laptop devices loaded with the latest, exciting and intuitive software programs from the world leader in software development, Microsoft. A large, 85-inch screen at the front of the room makes it possible for everyone in the course to follow along with the host. Guests are seated for the complimentary classes on a first-come, first-served basis, with the topics repeated multiple times throughout the cruise to maximize participation. During open Creative Studio Time, guests are invited to work on their own projects and the Microsoft Studio hosts are available to answer questions and provide guidance.
Through hollandamerica.com, guests will have access to course handouts and resource guides online with step-by-step instructions and images so the lessons are easy to replicate at home.