Holland America Line fans know that a major highlight of our award-winning Alaska Land+Sea Journeys is overnighting at the wonderful McKinely Chalet Resort in the heart of Denali. With the opening of Denali Square, visitors can shop, dine on local fare, enjoy music and entertainment, or simply just relax by our cozy fire pits and take in the view.
As a special treat during the summer, visitors can also meet Alaska artists every evening at our Artists-in-Residence cabin located in Denali Square. From 5-8 p.m., guests can visit and chat with local artists as they work on their Denali-inspired projects, and maybe take home a souvenir or two.
Each artist is featured for a week and changes every Sunday. Read below for the schedule of artists featured at our Artists-in-Residence cabin this season.
• July 14 to July 22: Jillian Kirkpatrick, visual artist
• July 23 to July 29: Susan Joy Share, paper art
• July 30 to Aug 5: Kathleen Carlo Kendall, Native arts carver
• Aug 8 to Aug12: Sara Tabbert, carved and painted wood
• Aug 13 to Aug 19: To Be Determined
• Aug 20 to Aug 26; Linda Lyons, oil paints
• August 27 to Sept 2: Kirah Van Sickle, landscape
• Sept.3 to Sept. 9: Jeff Schultz, photography
• Sept 10 to Sept. 22: Vladimir Zhikhatsev, watercolors
Please note schedules are subject to change. Thanks to Lydia Woomer for the photos!