Brew Up Tasty Cupcakes
Note: Measurement in grams and ml below for precision purposes. Makes about 25.
Cocoa Powder (sieved, 120 grams)
Water (warm, 300 ml)
Sugar (600 grams)
Eggs (5 total)
Oil (350 ml)
All Purpose Flour (sieved, 450 grams)
Baking Soda (20 grams)
Water (300 ml)
For buttercream icing:
Food color (green, 5 grams)
Unsalted Butter (750 grams)
Powdered Sugar (sieved, 200 grams)
Chocolate Kisses to top the cupcakes
Mini Oreo Cookies (25 pieces) for rim of witch’s hat
- Sift together all-purpose flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Mix cocoa, warm water and sugar.
- Add Eggs.
- Add oil.
- Add dry ingredients slowly.
- Add remaining 600 ml water.
- Fill mini muffin molds ¾ full and bake at 175 C. For a normal-sized cupcake (around 2 oz), it will take about 14-17 minutes to cook. Once you confirm cupcakes are cooked through, set aside to cool down.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
Finally, assemble the Witch’s Hat Cupcake with the green buttercream, placing the Oreo cookie and Chocolate Kiss on each cupcake.