This Friday, March 28 from 1-2 p.m. EDT, Holland America Line will be hosting a Twitter Chat with journalist and well-known cruise and travel expert Stewart Chiron, also known as “The Cruise Guy.”
Chiron is cruising this week on board Holland America’s newest ship, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, in the Caribbean visiting the ports of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas; Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; and Key West, Fla. This is Chiron’s 207th cruise and his first with Holland America since 2007. He will be live-tweeting with us from the ship all about his experiences and impressions on why you should #SeaHAL for yourself. You can ask him questions about the ship, onboard activities, ports of call, his and his families experiences, Holland America Line and cruising in general. Holland America’s social media team will be on the chat to answer questions as well.
How does it work?
2. Enter the hashtag #SeaHAL and under “Results for #SeaHAL” click on the “All” search option to follow the chat in real time. Take a look now to “SeaHAL” from @CruiseGuy’s perspective – he has been tweeting all this week!
3. Always add the hashtag #SeaHAL to your tweets; you also can add #HollandAmerica or #HALcruises.
4. Our expert cruiser @CruiseGuy Stewart Chiron will answer questions we feed him about his Nieuw Amsterdam cruise experience and cruising in general. He may even ask you a question or two!
5. Tweet your questions for @CruiseGuy about his Holland America cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam. Feel free to tweet questions or comments in advance to @CruiseGuy / @HALcruises and don’t forget the #SeaHAL hashtag!
7. All tweets are subject to our social media terms and conditions and may be used in any and all media including editorial.
Chiron has been tweeting all week from his cruise, here are some highlights:
Paradise found! @HALcruises private island, Half Moon Cay. Riding horses in the water. #SeaHAL http://twitpic.com/dz9u49
Good morning from @HALcruises Half Moon Cay. Nicest beach of any #cruise lines’ private island. http://twitpic.com/dz9tg7
Enjoying “civilized” sea #cruise day on @HALcruises #NieuwAmsterdam. Plenty of poolside deck chairs & people are so polite.
Amazing Italian dinner at Canaletto on @HALcruises #NieuwAmsterdam. Small portionsn terrific for sharing. Gracious staff.
In addition to Twitter (our handle is @HALcruises) and the blog, Holland America Line also is very active on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube. If you haven’t visited our other social media channels, please do so! And don’t forget to like and follow us!
If you have stories and photos from your Holland America Line cruise that you’d like to submit for use on our social media channels, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s your favorite outlet for social media? Do you like to read the blog posts, check out Facebook or see the pretty photos on Pinterest?
Stewart Chiron, The Cruise Guy, is America’s most quoted cruise expert. He’s a contributor to ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, WGN, Good Morning America, CNBC, FOX Business, Travel Channel and CNN.