Holland America Line’s exotic itineraries explore far-flung destinations coveted by globe-trotters, and cruises in 2022 and 2023 are now open for booking. From Asia, Australia and New Zealand to South America, Antarctica, Hawaii and Tahiti, travelers looking for an out-of-the-ordinary adventure can choose cruises ranging from 14 to 50 days on four Holland America Line ships.
From September 2022 through April 2023, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam sail throughout the southern and northern hemispheres, offering guests carefully crafted itineraries that deeply explore ancient traditions, natural wonders, intriguing cultures and the aloha lifestyle.
Ancient Mysteries Unveiled During the Asia Cruise Season
Westerdam’s itineraries in the Far East are offered from September 2022 through April 2023. They showcase the diversity of the countries visited while celebrating histories that have been thousands of years in the making.
• All cruises are 14 days and can be combined to form nonrepeating 28-day Collectors’ Voyages.
• Cruises sail roundtrip from Yokohama, Japan; roundtrip from Singapore; or between Hong Kong, China, and Yokohama or Singapore.
• Countries explored include China, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, South Korea and Russia.
• Eight different itineraries are offered: “Japan & Russia,” “Japan, Taiwan & The Philippines,” “Indonesian Discovery,” “The Philippines, Malaysia & Thailand,” “Far East Discovery,” “China & Japan,” “Japan Explorer” and “Southern Japan.”
• Overnight calls include Singapore; Hong Kong and Shanghai, China; Osaka and Kobe, Japan; Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand; and Benoa (Denpasar), Bali.
• “The Philippines, Malaysia & Thailand” visits an astounding six countries on one itinerary: China, The Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore.
• Two 14-day “North Pacific Crossings” position the ship between Seattle, Washington, and Yokohama at the beginning and end of the season.
Every Day is a G’Day in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific
Noordam heads to the Land Down Under from October 2022 through April 2023. For the traveler seeking an immersive exploration, the region offers unspoiled beauty, an abundance of wildlife, world-class wine, friendly locals and a rich cultural heritage.
• Itineraries range from 12 to 35 days and are roundtrip from Sydney, Australia, or between Auckland, New Zealand, and Sydney.
• The season kicks off with an epic 35-day “Australia Circumnavigation” that makes 15 calls in “Oz”, including overnight stays in Fremantle (Perth) and Melbourne. In addition to Australia, the ship also will visit Dili, East Timor, and Komodo Island, Indonesia. Highlights of the voyage include exploring the Great Barrier Reef and cruising through the Torres Strait.
• “Australia & New Zealand” itineraries are offered for 13, 14 or 15-days and call at a combination of ports in both countries. Scenic cruising includes Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park and Queen Victoria Sound.
• One 14-day “New Zealand Discovery” voyage departure in January includes six calls throughout the North Island and South Island of New Zealand, and scenic cruising in Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park.
• A 34-day “South Pacific Crossing” in October 2022 from San Diego, California, to Sydney positions the ship for the season and includes calls at Hawaii, Christmas Island, French Polynesia, Cook Islands and Tonga. A 25-day itinerary at the end of the season sails from Sydney to Vancouver, Canada, and visits New Caledonia, Fiji, American Samoa and Hawaii on the transpacific journey.
Scenic Beauty Reigns in South America and Antarctica
It is a continent of contrasts, from the lush jungles of the north to the snow-capped mountains of the south, and from November 2022 through March 2023 Oosterdam will make its way to the ends of the earth on South America and Antarctica sojourns.
• Itineraries range from 14 to 22-days; select cruises can be combined to form 31-day Collectors’ Voyages.
• Cruises sail between San Antonio (Santiago), Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina. Seventeen-day “Panama Canal & Inca Discovery” repositioning cruises at the beginning and end of the season sail between Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and San Antonio.
• Every South America cruise includes an overnight stay at Callao (Lima), Peru, or Buenos Aires. Guests can enjoy extra time in these vibrant cities or set off on overland tours to Machu Picchu or Iguazú Falls.
• The 14-day “South America Passage” cruises include extensive scenic cruising in the Chilean Fjords, Glacier Alley and Cape Horn. Calls explore Chile, Argentina, Falkland Islands and Uruguay.
• On the 22-day “South America & Antarctica” voyages, Oosterdam spends four full days cruising the frozen continent, soaking in the ice-covered landscapes and amazing wildlife. Guests on those cruises also experience the Chilean Fjords, Glacier Alley, Cape Horn, Chile, Argentina, Falkland Islands and Uruguay.
Explore Paradise in the South Pacific and Hawaii
Hawaii and the South Pacific conjure up vivid images that showcase the colors of nature: turquoise waters, auburn sunsets, emerald landscapes and golden beaches. Not to mention the warm and welcoming island spirit of the locals, In September 2022 and February 2023, Zuiderdam departs on two epic journeys around the Pacific Ocean.
• “Tales of the South Pacific” is a 50-day voyage departing Sept. 28, 2022, that promises a unique combination of rich culture, ideal climate and lush landscapes. Sailing from Vancouver to San Diego, the itinerary weaves a route to the region’s most beautiful islands.
• Guests can embark Oct. 3 for a roundtrip voyage from San Diego.
• 22 ports of call throughout Hawaii, Kiribati, American Samoa, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Niue, Cook Islands and French Polynesia.
• Overnights calls include Honolulu, Hawaii; and Bora Bora and Papeete, French Polynesia.
• Departing Feb. 18, 2023, the 35-day “Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas” itinerary sails roundtrip from San Diego.
• Three island calls in Hawaii and nine calls on the French Polynesian islands of Bora Bora, Raiatea, Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine-Iti, Rangiroa, Tuamotu, Hiva ‘Oa and Nuku Hiva. Plus, a visit to Christmas Island.
• Overnights include Honolulu, Bora Bora and Papeete.
Which exotic itinerary would you like to take with us? Tell us in the comments.