Building on its more than 70 years of Alaska experience, Holland America Line’s 2021 Land+Sea Journeys continue to be the only way travelers can explore the Yukon and Denali combined with a cruise. Now open for booking, guests can select from among four ships and 15 different configurations, including the Pinnacle Class Koningsdam, that feature a one-, two- or three-night visit to Denali National Park.
Ranging from nine to 18 days, each Land+Sea Journey combines an award-winning Alaska cruise with a pre- or post-cruise overland tour. Travelers looking to delve deeper into the region can add a Yukon exploration to the Denali experience.
From May through September, guests can embark on a Denali Land+Sea Journey aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam, while Koningsdam and Volendam offer Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys. Denali options are between Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and Anchorage or Fairbanks, Alaska; while Yukon experiences are roundtrip Vancouver or between Vancouver and Anchorage.
Holland America Line Land+Sea Journey Exclusives
Holland America Line is the only cruise line to include a Tundra Wilderness tour on all two- and three-night Denali stays that ventures deep into the park where guests can see grizzly bears, caribou, Dall sheep, wolves and moose. When the skies are clear, an unforgettable view of Mt. Denali dominates the skyline. All 2021 Land+Sea Journeys also include a ride on Holland America Line’s McKinley Explorer luxury domed railcars between Anchorage and Denali that ensure guests have panoramic view of Alaska’s majestic scenery.
Notable for Denali Land+Sea Journeys:
• All Land+Sea Journeys include a seven-day Glacier Discovery cruise featuring Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage, with calls at Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway/Haines. Holland America Line has more Glacier Bay permits than any other major cruise line.
• The nine-day Single Denali Land+Sea Journey includes Talkeetna, Alaska, a charming pioneer town that is home to the convergence of three major glacial rivers.
• The 14-day Double Denali+Seward Land+Sea Journey offers an added night at the Alyeska Resort in the Chugach Mountains.
Highlights of Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys:
• Every Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journey includes the services of a professional Journey Host, who makes time on land easy, convenient and insightful.
• The 10-day Yukon Double-Denali Land+Sea Journey features two nights in Dawson in the heart of the Yukon. This affords guests more time to relive Gold Rush history and take in Yukon Valley views from Midnight Dome.
• A tour on the Klondike Spirit paddlewheeler takes guests along the Yukon River past stunning tall pines, historic towns and wildlife.
McKinley Chalet Resort and Denali Square
Every Land+Sea Journey includes a stay at the McKinley Chalet Resort at the entrance to Denali National Park. The property is Holland America Line’s magnificent 68-acre hotel property on the Nenana River. The resort features a reception hall, dining facilities and guest rooms, including a new 99-room addition featuring the first-ever junior suites with balconies, larger living areas and greater amenities for guests.
Centrally located between the McKinley Chalet Resort and riverfront guest rooms, Denali Square is a gathering area with restaurants, an amphitheater, fire pits, outdoor seating, retail shops offering local goods, and an artist-in-residence cabin where Alaska native and local artists display and discuss their works. Walking paths in and around Denali Square show off the property’s mountainous landscapes and beautiful setting.
In 2021, a total of seven Holland America Line ships will head to The Last Frontier on seven- and 14-day cruises. In addition to the four ships offering Land+Sea Journeys, guests also can cruise to Alaska aboard Eurodam, Maasdam, and Oosterdam.