OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), AGE 18 OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The sweepstakes begins at 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) on August 01, 2010 and ends at 11:59 P.M. PT on April 30, 2011. To enter online, access www.halalaska.com and follow the on-screen entry instructions. To enter by mail, either complete fully, by hand, the Business Reply Card found in select magazines or the Business Reply Card delivered to you by mail, and mail it to the address printed on the form, or hand-print your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth on a 3”x 5” card, deposit the card in a #11 envelope with first-class postage affixed, and mail the card to: 7-Day Alaska Cruise For Two Sweepstakes Entry, Holland America Line Inc., 300 Elliott Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119. Entries must be submitted or postmarked, as applicable, by 11:59 P.M. PT on April 30, 2011, and mailed entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. PT on May 10, 2011. Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. There is a limit of one sweepstakes entry per person and per e-mail address, regardless of method of entry. No purchase necessary.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Holland America Line (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Void in Quebec, U.S. territories and where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address).
4. WINNER SELECTION: One potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent on or about May 11, 2011, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone, in Sponsor’s discretion. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner is unreachable or fails to respond to any notification during a period of forty-eight (48) consecutive hours (Sponsor may elect not to leave messages on answering machines), or if the potential winner fails to respond or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident (with the exception of Quebec, residents of which are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes), he/she will be required to answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone before the prize can be claimed. In the event that such potential winner is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and randomly select another potential winner, and Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in connection therewith.
5. PRIZE: One Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is a 7-day Holland America Line Alaska Cruise for the winner and one (1) guest. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner may select any 7-day Holland America Line Alaska Cruise departing in 2012, subject to availability at time of confirmation. The prize consists of stateroom accommodations for two guests (same stateroom) and most shipboard meals (certain dining options require payment of a fee). Stateroom category will be assigned by Sponsor. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Grand Prize (including without limitation airfare or other transportation to or from port of departure, ground transfers, shore excursions, hotel service charges, personal onboard expenses, or applicable passport, visa and entry/exit fees) are the responsibility of the winner. Ship's registry: The Netherlands. Cruise prize is provided subject to the Holland America Line Cruise Contract and applicable terms and conditions set forth in the Holland America Line brochure. Guests under the age of 21 years must be accompanied by a parent, relative or guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable for cash, may not be resold, and cannot be used as partial payment toward a different Holland America cruise or stateroom category other than that assigned. Cruise winners are NOT eligible for Holland America air/sea programs or Holland America’s Cancellation Protection Plan programs. No substitution of the prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. All federal, state/provincial and local taxes on prize value, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,498.00 (USD). Actual value depends on market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court of proper jurisdiction in the State of Washington; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of the entrant in connection with the sweepstakes, or the conduct of the sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
8. WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner, available after May 11, 2011, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Holland America Line Inc., 300 Elliott Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119 USA, Attn: 7-Day Alaska Cruise for Two Sweepstakes Winners List.
9. SPONSOR: Holland America Line Inc., Seattle, WA.