Cruise to Belize City, Belize
Dive down to one of the world's great barrier reefs. Drop in to one of the caves that stipple the Yucatan Peninsula. Soak up the ambiance of the only Central American country that claims British colonial influence. Belize slots into the Yucatan between Mexico, to the north; Guatemala, to the west and south; and the Pacific; to the east. Cruise to Belize to find the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Inland, you'll discover marshes, low mountains, and riotous biodiversity everywhere you look. And in Belize City, the country's largest city, you'll discover a bit of England gone tropical.
Cruise to Costa Maya, Mexico
This is the timeless Yucatan – cenote-pocked, cave-addled, mangrove-tasseled, reef-encrusted, temple-strewn, and calm. North of Belize and south of Cancun, Costa Maya stretches from the fishing town of Xcalak up the coast to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve. Your cruise docks at Costa Maya Port, where you can spend time shopping, relaxing, or planning an adventure -- underwater, along the coast, or into the interior. There are a number of Mayan ruins in the area, including the sprawling Ruins of Xcabal, which are still being uncovered.
Cruise to Georgetown, Cayman Islands
The western end of Grand Cayman Island contains one of the most delightful cities in the Caribbean. Underwater. In the shallow waters West Bay, you can swim into Stingray City, where the rays will let you touch, feed, and hold them. About a mile west, on the other side of the island, lies Seven Mile Beach, an emblematic stretch of Caribbean idyll. And just south is Georgetown, the country's capital. The town is a crayon box of shops (look for a piece of colorful Caymanite or black coral), restaurants, and history, including the Cayman Islands National Museum and the Maritime Treasure Museum. The harbor offers endless water activities for cruise guests, including snorkeling, scuba diving, and glass-bottom boat tours.
Cruise to Mahogany Bay, Honduras
You're in for an easy day in Mahogany Bay. The port is an idyllic enclave for cruise visitors, encompassing 20 acres of the Caribbean island of Roatan. Enjoy the cruise center's shopping and dining, then take a chairlift to the private beach. Mahogany Beach is nearly 300 yards of white sand, quiescent water, private cabanas, and watersports. Roatan lies east of Belize, north of Honduras, and at the southern terminus of the second-largest barrier reef in the world. If you can pull yourself away from Mahogany Beach, consider a visit to the Carambola Botanical Gardens or spend some time underwater: Local diving is world-class.
Cruise to Roatan, Honduras
East of Belize, north of Honduras, and at the southern terminus of the second-largest barrier reef in the world, the island of Roatan is a quiet haven for divers and beach aficionados. Columbus stopped by, as did the Spanish, English, and one long-ago New Englander who survived as a castaway for more than a year. The west end of the island has many highlights for cruise visitors, including West Bay Beach, Parque Nacional Sandy Bay, and the energetic town of West End, which has some of the best food in Honduras. Be sure to spend some time underwater: The diving off the north shore of the island is world-class.
Cruise to Key West, Florida
Key West is where Florida makes its last ragged stumble into the celadon waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The water and the climate have been drawing visitors for centuries, from Ponce de Leon to Harry Truman to writers like Ernest Hemingway and Tennessee Williams. Area highlights for cruise visitors include the Ernest Hemingway House (full of many-toed cats), McCoy Indigenous Park (full of rescued marine animals), and numerous local beaches (full of vitamin D). Try Fort Zachary Taylor, South Beach, or Higg's Beach.
Cruise to Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Enjoy the perfect day of play on our pristine private island, from sunning on two miles of white sand to watersports, nature hikes, deep sea fishing, and more. For relaxing, reserve a private air-conditioned cabana by the sea. For adventure, feed the gentle rays at Stingray Cove, ride a horse into the surf or visit Half Moon Lagoon, the island's aqua park. Discover why Half Moon Cay—included on nearly every Caribbean itinerary—consistently wins guests' hearts.
Western Caribbean Cruise Vacations
All agendas deliquesce on the white sand beaches of the Western Caribbean. You don't have to do a thing. But there is, of course, so much you can do. Snorkel into the kaleidoscopic swirl of some of the best dive spots in the world. Come face to face with rare creatures in the forests of Belize, Mexico, and Honduras. Shop for crafts along the Yucatán. Hunt for duty-free treasures in Grand Cayman. Consider infinity at Chichén Itzá.
Holland America Line’s diverse shore excursions let you create your perfect Caribbean cruise vacation. And if you cruise to the Western Caribbean on a Collectors’ Voyage, you can expand your horizons to include the distinct island nations of the Eastern Caribbean. Click on Collectors’ Voyages to learn more.
Just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Had a great time! The crew did a fantastic job to make it memorable. Thanks!Daniel M.
I had a wonderful time on Holland Ameican cruise in January to Jamaica, Grannd Cayman, and Key West. I love being a Mariner.Judy T.
Holland America is the best love their cruises!!Amy V.
Longer, more in-depth Caribbean cruise itineraries
Explore Jamaica and Grand Cayman before delving deeper into the beauty and mysteries of Mexico, Belize, and Honduras with ms Ryndam’s Western Caribbean Collectors’ Voyage. With our Eastern/Western Caribbean Collectors’ Voyage, indulge yourself with four glorious days at sea, five distinct Eastern island paradises and days exploring Costa Maya or Cozumel and Roatán. Look for our Collectors' Voyage icon.
With Collectors’ Voyages, experience the Caribbean as few can:
- Reap the greatest cruise vacation value: Collectors’ Voyages are combined itineraries priced as one cruise, saving you money for something special from the ship’s duty-free shops.
- Enjoy more days at sea indulging in onboard luxuries and activities like our Greenhouse Spa & Salon, Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine magazine, Digital Workshop powered by Windows®, dance classes or just relaxing on your private verandah and enjoying 24-hour, complimentary room service.
- Experience, learn and simply do more ashore with a wider variety of shore excursions across a broader diversity of destinations.
- Be among the very few to spend an entire second day on our award-winning private island, Half Moon Cay. On select Caribbean Collectors’ Voyages spend one day exploring this unique island and a second day being pampered in a private cabana, complete with butler service.
Your own private island paradise, Half Moon Cay
Imagine two miles of perfect white sand beach. On a Bahamian island so pristine it's been designated an international wild bird preserve. Brimming with all manner of watersports and luxurious lounging. And all yours for the day. This is Half Moon Cay, guests' favorite Caribbean port—and no wonder.
- Private beachside cabanas with optional butler service
- One luxurious Oasis Cabana with hot tub, wet bar, barbecue, massage area and more for up to 25 people
- Three Water Sports Centers with kayaks, snorkel gear, floating swim mats and sailboats for rent
- Tropics Restaurant, an open-air pavilion
- Three waterfront bars
- Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park
- Bahamian village: hair braiding, straw market, ice cream parlor, shopping for pearl and conch jewelry
- Bahamian Chapel for weddings or renewing vows
- Club HAL children's playground
- Superb ADA access
Easy Come, Easy Go with Home City Motorcoach
Getting to your Holland America Line ship from Florida has never been easier. Simply meet us at the motorcoach departure point nearest your home city and we’ll whisk you — in air-conditioned comfort — to the cruise terminal, where you’ll enjoy prompt embarkation and a warm welcome aboard. At vacation’s end, your exit is just as carefree.
Ask your travel professional about our Home City Motorcoach Program when you book your cruise.
Home City Motorcoach service to Ft. Lauderdale is available from the following cities:
|Ft. Pierce||Sarasota South|
|Ft. Myers||St. Petersburg|
|Leesburg||Sun City Center|
|New Port Richey||Vero Beach|
Holland America Line's Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP) is designed to help protect your vacation investment from loss. CPP is available for purchase on Holland America Line Cruises and Land+Sea Journeys, and is offered as a Standard Plan or a Platinum Plan. Be it illness, family matters, unforeseen work events - anything, CPP is a product that enables you to cancel your vacation plans before you leave, for any reason and receive a refund.
Four reasons to choose the Holland America Line Cancellation Protection Plan:
- YOU CAN CANCEL BEFORE DEPARTURE FOR ANY REASON. Even if it's up to 24 hours before departure under our Standard Plan or right up to departure with our Platinum Plan. Your reservation may be easily cancelled for any reason whatsoever - no claim forms to submit or fine print to review.
- YOU GET MONEY BACK. Holland America Line refunds 80-90% of eligible amounts paid, regardless of your reason for canceling, as long as you cancel more than 24 hours prior to departure (right up to departure with the Platinum Plan).
- SAME PRICE FOR ALL AGES. We offer the same excellent protection for everyone, at the same cost.
- NO PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. Our Standard and Platinum Plans do not contain pre-existing condition exclusions.
Our Standard and Platinum plans at a glance
Unforeseen events do happen. When you book your next cruise, be sure to ask about our Cancellation Protection Plans to protect your cruise investment.
CPP Standard Plan – Provided by Holland America Line
Our Standard Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Standard Plan) will allow you, for any reason, to provide written cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive a refund equal to 80% of the eligible amounts paid. CPP Standard is available to all guests, regardless of residency.
In addition, Holland America Line (HAL) automatically assumes an additional $500 (USD) of liability for lost, damaged or delayed baggage of guests who purchase the CPP Standard Plan still subject, however, to the limitations in our baggage policies. For example, we do not cover losses while baggage is in the custody of airlines. Please review our Baggage Policy.
Please note: The CPP Standard Plan is not insurance – this is an optional purchase offered by and administered by Holland America Line. It may be added to your reservation to provide you with trip cancellation protection for up to 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled travel. It provides no rights other than those explained above. For example, it does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel, nor does it cover expenses for unused services due to trip interruption.
The CPP Standard Plan is available for purchase prior to the date on which cancellation fees begin to accrue. Payment is due at time of purchase. The cost of CPP Standard is non-refundable. The per person, per cruise cost is listed with the cruise fares. To add our Cancellation Protection Standard Plan to your new or existing bookings, please call us at 1‐877‐932‐4259.
Our Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Platinum) enables you to supplement the benefits provided under the CPP Standard Plan with higher cancellation reimbursement and extends the eligible cancellation period up until the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line. CPP Platinum also provides insurance coverage for trip delays and interruptions, medical expenses and much more. In addition, CPP Platinum includes 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services.
CPP Platinum is comprised of the following:
Cancel for Any Reason Waiver
Provided by Holland America Line
You may cancel for any reason prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive reimbursement equal to 90% of the eligible amounts paid to Holland America Line. Note: CPP Platinum does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel prior to departure.
TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAM
Underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company
- Trip Interruption: Enables you to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, as well as certain other non-medical reasons affecting you or your traveling companion, and receive up to 150% of your cruise vacation cost.
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 for medical expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you will be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport. Repatriation coverage provides for shipment of remains in the event of death during the cruise vacation.
The Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC #10952 (all states except as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000. In CA, HI, NE, NH, PA, TN and TX Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5100 and TAHC5200. In IL, IN, KS, LA, OH, OR, VT, WA and WY Policy Form #'s TAHC5100IPS and TAHC5200IPS. Certain coverages are under series TAHC6000 and TAHC7000.
WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE SERVICES
Provided by On Call International
Provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance.
Note that the benefits and services provided in CPP Platinum are available only to guests who enroll in and pay the appropriate program cost to Holland America Line. Payment of the required cruise deposit does not automatically activate enrollment in CPP Platinum Protection. In order to activate enrollment, you must pay the appropriate program costs in addition to the required cruise deposit amount.
IMPORTANT: This is only a brief description of the program. A summary of the terms, conditions and exclusions will be sent to you or your travel advisor. For details of the terms, conditions and exclusions of CPP Platinum, view the CPP Platinum plan description.
The CPP Platinum Plan is in effect for cancellations for any reason up to the start of your scheduled travel. Other benefits and services provided in CPP Platinum are effective once you depart on your trip.
The CPP Platinum Plan is optional and available for purchase prior to the date on which cancellation fees begin to accrue. Payment is due at time of purchase. The cost of the cancellation portion of CPP Platinum is non-refundable. The per person, per cruise cost is listed with the cruise fares. To add our Cancellation Protection Platinum Plan to your new or existing bookings, please call us at 1‐877‐932‐4259.
If you have any questions regarding CPP Platinum Protection, please contact Aon Affinity at 1‐800‐453‐4047.
NOTICE TO NEW YORK RESIDENTS ONLY
The Holland America Cancel For Any Reason Waiver may be purchased separately from the Travel Insurance Program. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details.
This program was designed and is administered by Aon Affinity.
Aon Affinity is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. (TX 13695); (AR 244489); in CA & MN, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in OK, AIS Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc. (CA 0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency. Affinity Insurance Services is acting as a Managing General Agent as that term is defined in section 626.015(14) of the Florida Insurance Code. As an MGA we are acting on behalf of our carrier partner.