Eastern Caribbean and Bahamas Cruise Vacations
Swim, snorkel, or simply relax on the world-class beaches of St. Thomas, St. Maarten and our award winning private island, Half Moon Cay. Visit Grand Turk and discover underwater worlds so seldom visited the reefs have no names. Play hide-and-seek at a centuries-old Puerto Rican fortress. Shop duty-free in St. Thomas.
Throughout your cruise immerse yourself in a fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. At the end of each day, return to the comfort and easy elegance of your luxurious cruise ship to share stories and dream of the next adventure. For a more in-depth exploration of this diverse destination, choose a Collectors’ Voyage, which perfectly combines our Eastern Caribbean cruise itineraries with Southern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Click on Collectors’ Voyages to learn more.
Longer, more in-depth itineraries
Choose our Eastern/Western Caribbean Collectors’ Voyage, and discover the unique island nations of the Eastern Caribbean before heading west for duty-free shopping on Grand Cayman and the awe-inspiring Mayan ruins of Costa Maya or Cozumel and Roatán. With our Eastern/Southern Collectors’ Voyages, spend more time exploring the lesser visited ports of the deep Southern Caribbean. Discover the magnificent beaches and coral reefs of Aruba, Curaçao's floating markets, Martinique’s French flare, the buccaneer legends of Tortola and St. Lucia’s verdant jungles and drive-in volcano. Look for our Collectors' Voyage icon.
With Collectors’ Voyages, experience the Caribbean as few can:
- Reap the greatest cruise vacation value: Collectors’ Voyages are combined itineraries priced as one cruise, saving you money for something special from the ship’s duty-free shops.
- Enjoy more days at sea indulging in onboard luxuries and activities like our Greenhouse Spa & Salon, Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine magazine, Digital Workshop powered by Windows®, dance classes or just relaxing on your private verandah and enjoying 24-hour, complimentary room service.
- Experience, learn and simply do more ashore with a wider variety of shore excursions across a broader diversity of destinations.
- Be among the very few to spend an entire second day on our award-winning private island, Half Moon Cay. On select Caribbean Collectors’ Voyages spend one day exploring this unique island and a second day being pampered in a private cabana, complete with butler service.
Cruise to Grand Turk
About a quarter mile from the western beaches at Grand Turk, the sea floor drops 7,000 feet right down into dark blue. Just at the edge of the dropoff, there's a reef pocked with arches, turrets, and tunnels called the Grand Turk Wall. The reef is a haven for fish, and with its clear water, for divers, too. Cruise to Grand Turk for the diving, and if not, come for the beaches. Grand Turk is fringed with them, lying as it does at the southeastern end of the Bahamian archipelago. Grand Turk has witnessed a lot of history, from Ponce de Leon to the space race. Come to the National Museum in the capital, Cockburn Town, to get a taste of it.
Shore Excursion Highlights
Cruise to Half Moon Cay
While Holland America Line is committed to keeping 98 percent of its pristine private island wild, Half Moon Cay offers everything you need for a day of play on your Caribbean cruise. Park yourself in an air-conditioned cabana along a two-mile crescent of blinding white beach. Visit Stingray Cove to feed and learn more about the gentle creatures. Ride your horse to a deserted beach and into the surf. Or, take your kids to Half Moon Lagoon, island's aqua park and children's playground. Part of the Bahamas, Half Moon Cay lies about 100 miles southeast of Nassau and is visited on nearly every Caribbean itinerary.
Shore Excursion Highlights
- Horseback Riding by Land & Sea: Head to the high point of the cay on horseback before a brisk ride in the surf.
- Aqua Trax Adventure: Get on a personal watercraft for a tour of the island, then test your skills on an obstacle course.
- Deep-Sea Fishing: The waters around the cay teem with wahoo, snapper, grouper and other fish. Catch (and release) them.
Cruise to St. Barts
The island of St. Barts wasn't a huge target during the European colonial wrestling matches across the Caribbean. Still, it had its share of suitors. Founded by the French, there was a British takeover that lasted the blink of an eye before the island reverted to French control, was traded to Sweden, and then sold back to France. French it remains. Gustavia, the main town, is a flock of red-roofed houses that cluster around a petite harbor. Highlights for cruise guests include Gustavia Lighthouse, the view from Morne Vitet, the highest point on the island; and the beaches, notably St. Jean (for water sports), Lorient (for the shade and the quiet), and Shell Beach (for the shells).
Shore Excursion Highlights
Cruise to San Juan
Built in the 1600s to protect the town of San Juan, the massive Fort San Felipe El Morro took on British, Dutch, and American naval attacks in subsequent centuries. It seems everybody wanted a piece of the island. You'll see why. Cruise to Puerto Rico with Holland America Line for a mix of the historical, the natural, and the sensual. The fort is a World Heritage Site now, and you can walk its thick outer walls, peek into its sentry boxes, or just stop to drink in the view across San Juan Bay.
Cruise to Philipsburg (St. Maarten)
Geographically, sixty percent of the island of Saint Martin French. Forty percent is Dutch. And 100 percent of it is wonderful. Philipsburg is the capital of the Dutch section of the island (called Sint Maarten), and lies on a gentle arc of land with a saltwater lake to the north and a bay to the south. An esplanade runs alongside a white sand beach, so you can switch from sunning to shopping and back again in moments. One block in from the beach, cruise visitors can visit the duty-free boutiques of Front Street, one of the great shopping avenues of the Caribbean. Outside town, you can choose from one of the island's nearly 40 beaches. Mullet Bay is one of the nicest.
Shore Excursion Highlights
Cruise to St. Thomas (U.S.V.I.)
It seems like the entire length of St. Thomas's coastline is intricately scalloped. What that means for cruise visitors is an endless succession of sandy crescents and protected coves. Try Magen's Bay, just on the other side of the island from the main town, Charlotte Amalie. Hull Bay has surfing in winter. Brewer's Bay pairs well with sunsets. Snorkel at Coki Beach. Once you've beached enough, consider taking the aerial tram up to Paradise Point. You'll get a great view of Charlotte Amalie. And then? Shopping -- duty-free. There are dozens of stores downtown, ranging from the upscale Yacht Haven Grande to the eclectic Vendor's Plaza.
Shore Excursion Highlights
- Castaway Ship Wreck Cove Sail & Snorkel: 90 minutes of snorkeling above the wreck of the Catanza C.
- Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel to St. John: Sail to Honeymoon Beach, located within U.S. Virgin Islands National Park.
- Jeep & Beach Escapade: From the coast to the top of the island and back again.
Cruise to Road Town (B.V.I.)
Two details: first, a "road" in the nautical sense is a sheltered area outside a harbor; second, the oldest building in Road Town is a prison. Seamanship and a general rascality shaped the early history of the British Virgin Islands, as the British, Spanish, French, and Dutch all parried and thrusted for control, with pirates wreaking general havoc all around. Today, the island of Tortola and its capital, Road Town, is a place for cruise visitors to relax and explore the emerald forests and viridian waters. Highlights in town include the Botanic Gardens, the Folk History Museum, and the brightly colored shops downtown. Oh, and the beaches: try the popular Cane Garden Bay or Brewer's Bay.
Shore Excursion Highlights
Half Moon Cay – our award-winning private island – celebrates its 15th anniversary!
For 15 years, Half Moon Cay has been providing guests with the ultimate Caribbean experience. The highest-rated port of call on our Caribbean cruise itineraries – Half Moon Cay is located on 65 pristine acres of the 2,400-acre Little San Salvador Island in the Bahamas. The island is so unspoiled that the Bahamian National Trust designated it as an international wild bird preserve. Stroll two miles of powder-soft, white-sand beach. Snorkel in warm, turquoise-blue waters. Swim among stingrays at Stingray Cove. Or indulge in a soothing beachside massage. From pure relaxation to exciting adventure and family-friendly activities, this island paradise offers something for everyone – and it just keeps getting better.
It's hard to improve a perfect two-mile crescent of powder-soft sand and clear blue water, but Holland America Line has added fun, luxurious amenities to ensure an unforgettable
- Private beachside cabanas with everything you need for an indulgent day in paradise – even optional butler service
- Private Oasis Cabana with hot tub, wet bar, barbecue, massage area and more for up to 25 people
- Beachside massages
- Bahamian Chapel, perfect for saying "I do" or "I still do"
- Three Water Sports Centers
- Three waterfront bars - the Lookout Bar, "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever” Bar, and the newly opened Captain Morgan on the Rocks Bar
Something for Everyone
Whether you want to parasail, snorkel, stroll barefoot on the beach, lie in a hammock beneath a palm tree or gain insight into Bahamian history and culture, you'll find it at Half Moon Cay.
- A fully-equipped Club HAL children's playground and Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park, which is a supervised swimming area
- Facilities that meet or exceed ADA requirements, including trams and special wheelchairs designed for use on the sand
- Bridges across dunes for beach access, as well as hard-surfaced and sand pathways that connect venues
- Shopping at the straw market or new Lustre – Jewelry By Nature, featuring pearl and conch jewelry
- Horseback Riding by Land and Sea – The experience of a lifetime as you ride a horse while it’s swimming
- Stingray Adventure – At Stingray Cove, learn all about these gentle giants, then wade in to touch their silky wings
- AquaTrax® Watercraft Adventure – Follow the leader along the island’s picturesque shoreline, and test your skills on a buoyed course
- Windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing and kayaking
- Scenic bicycle tours that take you to locations of historic significance
- Interpretive nature trails and birding walks that visit the island’s new two-acre nursery
- View all Half Moon Cay Shore Excursions
Half Moon Cay is a destination on most Holland America Line Caribbean and Panama Canal cruise itineraries sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. Come discover for yourself why Half Moon Cay has received Porthole Cruise Magazine's Readers' Choice Awards for "Best Private Island" 11 years in a row, and Holland America Line guests call it their “Favorite Port of Call” in
Easy Come, Easy Go with Home City Motor Coach
Getting to your Holland America ship from Florida has never been easier. Simply meet us at the motor coach departure point nearest your home city and we’ll whisk you – in air-conditioned comfort – to the cruise terminal, where you’ll enjoy prompt embarkation and a warm welcome aboard. At vacation’s end, your exit is just as carefree.
Ask your travel professional about our Home City Motor Coach Program when you book your cruise.
Home City Motor Coach service to Ft. Lauderdale is available from the following cities:
|Ft. Pierce||Pt. Charlotte|
|Ft. Myers||Sarasota South|
|Lady Lake||St. Petersburg|
|Leesburg||Sun City Center|
|New Port Richey||Venice|
Holland America Line's Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP) is available for purchase on Holland America Line Cruises and CruiseTours, and is offered as a Standard Plan or a Platinum Plan. CPP is designed to protect your vacation investment from loss. Be it illness, family matters, unforeseen work events - anything, CPP is a product that enables you to cancel your vacation plans before you leave, for any reason and receive a refund.
Four reasons to choose the Holland America Line Cancellation Protection Plan:
- YOU CAN CANCEL BEFORE DEPARTURE FOR ANY REASON. Even if it's up to 24 hours before departure under our Standard Plan or right up to departure with our Platinum Plan. For any reason whatsoever, your reservation may be cancelled with ease.
- YOU GET MONEY BACK. Only Holland America Line refunds 80-90% of eligible amounts paid, regardless of your reason for canceling, as long as you cancel more than 24 hours prior to departure (right up to departure with the Platinum Plan).
- SAME PRICE FOR ALL AGES. We offer the same excellent protection for everyone, at the same cost.
- NO PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. Our Standard and Platinum Plans do not contain pre-existing condition exclusions.
Our Standard and Platinum plans at a glance
Unforeseen events do happen. When you book your next cruise, be sure to ask about our Cancellation Protection Plans to protect your cruise investment.
CPP Standard Plan – Provided by Holland America Line
Our Standard Cancellation Protection Plan (CPP Standard Plan) will allow you, for any reason, to provide written cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive a refund equal to 80% of the eligible amounts paid. CPP Standard is available to all guests, regardless of residency.
In addition, Holland America Line (HAL) automatically assumes an additional $500 (USD) of liability for lost, damaged or delayed baggage of guests who purchase the CPP Standard Plan still subject, however, to the limitations in our baggage policies. For example, we do not cover losses while baggage is in the custody of airlines. Please review our Baggage Policy.
The CPP Standard Plan is not insurance, and is administered by Holland America Line; it provides no rights other than those explained above. For example, it does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel, nor does it cover expenses or unused services due to trip interruption.
Our Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan enables you to supplement the benefits provided under the CPP Standard Plan with higher cancellation reimbursement and extends the eligible cancellation period up until the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line. CPP Platinum also provides insurance coverage for trip delays and interruptions, medical expenses and much more. In addition, CPP Platinum includes 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services. CPP Platinum is comprised of the following:
Cancel for Any Reason Waiver
Provided by Holland America Line
You may cancel for any reason prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line and receive reimbursement equal to 90% of the eligible amounts paid to Holland America. Note: CPP Platinum does not protect double-triple-quad occupancy rates should one or more members of your party cancel prior to departure.
TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAM
Underwritten by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company
- Trip Interruption: Enables you to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, as well as certain other non-medical reasons affecting you or your traveling companion, and receive up to 150% of your cruise vacation cost.
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 for medical expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you will be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport. Repatriation coverage provides for shipment of remains in the event of death during the cruise vacation.
The Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company, a Transamerica company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC #10952 (all states except as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000. In CA, HI, NE, NH, PA, TN and TX Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5100 and TAHC5200. In IL, IN, KS, LA, OR, OH, VT, WA and WY Policy Form #'s TAHC5100IPS and TAHC5200IPS. Certain coverages are under series TAHC6000 and TAHC7000.
WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE SERVICES
Provided by On Call International
Provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance.
IMPORTANT: This is only a brief description of the program. Please refer to the link below for a summary of the terms, conditions, and exclusions. Note that the benefits and services provided in CPP Platinum are available only to guests who enroll in and pay the appropriate program cost to Holland America Line. Please note that payment of the required cruise deposit does not automatically activate enrollment in CPP Platinum Protection. In order to activate enrollment, you must pay the appropriate program costs in addition to the required cruise deposit amount. The CPP Standard and CPP Platinum Plans are optional and are available for purchase prior to the date on which cancellation fees begin to accrue. Payment for the plan is due at time of purchase and is non-refundable. The per person, per cruise costs for both plans are listed with the cruise fares. To add our Cancellation Protection Standard or Platinum Plan to your new or existing cruise booking, please call us at 1-877-932-4259.
This program was designed and is administered by Aon Affinity Berkely Travel. Aon Affinity, is the brand name for the brokerage and program administration operations of Affinity Insurance Services, Inc.; (AR 244489); in CA, MN & OK , AIS Affinity Insurance Agency, Inc. (CA 0795465); in CA, Aon Affinity Insurance Services, Inc., (0G94493), Aon Direct Insurance Administrators and Berkely Insurance Agency and in NY and NH, AIS Affinity Insurance Agency. Affinity Insurance Services is acting as a Managing General Agent as that term is defined in section 626.015(14) of the Florida Insurance Code. As a MGA we are acting on behalf of our carrier partner.
For New York residents only: The Holland America Cancel For Any Reason Waiver may be purchased separately from the Travel Insurance Program. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details.
This plan provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.